Sunday 29 July 2012

Soft winged eye look :)

I was playing around with my make up and this is what I ended up with. I actually really like the final product so I decided to do a tutorial on how to recreate this look. :)

sorry my camera is really crappy, this look alot more yellowy than it actually is.


1. First apply a layer of your favourite eye primer, then brush on a thin layer of the third colour down from Revlon Neutral Khakis Colourstay Quad as a base (I used a powder because I have really oily lid)
2. Using a soft pencil eyeliner in black (I used my Maybelline Define-A-Line in ebony black) to draw a fairly thick line (depends on what kind of look you're going for) right from the tear duct to the outer corner and slowly wing it out. Then use the smudger end of my eyeliner, I dipped it in the darkest colour which is a dark purple-y brown and slowly dab it onto the eyeliner. Then lightly line my lower lash line with this as well.
3. Then use the second colour down from the same quad which is a fairly golden shimmer colour, sweep it across the lid, on top of the eyeliner as well. This will really soften up the eyeliner.
4. Again dip your brush into the darkest colour, lightly push it into the crease area to give some depth,again you can adjust the amount depends on how smokey you want this look to be. 
5. Use any cream/gel/liquid eyeliner you have or even a pencil one, line your tight line and draw a really thin line on top of the original liner, get as close the the lashes as possible (do a thick line for a night look or skip this step if you want a fairly soft look) 
6. Highlight your brow bone and inner corner with the lightest colour from the same quad.
7. Lastly curl your eyelashes and put on your favourite mascara (even falsies if you want).


I really like with look  because the soft winged out eye looks really cool along with the gold shimmering eyeshadows on top. I also really like how you can recreate this look depend on your preference, with a lighter base colour and less dramatic eyeliner would be really cool as a day look, and if you go heavier hand with brown on the crease, larger wings and some falsies, this would be perfect for a night out.
My first makeup tutorial ever, hope you like it :)
Moosh x

No comments:

Post a Comment