Thursday 13 September 2012

Live Life Easier Part 1

Lady and Gentleman, I'm here to introduce you a new series called "Live life easier"by Moosh (Me!). It's a series that I'll do once every couple of days in which I'll give you guys hint, tips, methods on everything and anything that I personally discovered and found that it help me to get through...life. Hope you guys enjoy this series.
Part 1. Chocolate Cake in a Mug.
I love cakes. They are amazing. But I honestly don't have time and can't be stuffed spending like one and a half hour making a cake. So when I found this recipe on Sorted Food, I was really excited. Good things about this cake in a mug is that it's super fast, like 5 mins, convenient ans really simple. Down side is that because it's cooked in the microwave, you kind of have to eat it while it's still hot, it's a little rubbery when cold. Anyway that's enough rambling, let's get into it.
Ingredients:
2 tablespoons self raising flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon cocoa powder (I always add a bit more though, LOVE chocolate)
1/2 teaspoon instant coffee (skip this if you don't like coffee)
1 egg
1 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon milk
Chopped chocolate or chocolate chips (found dark chocolate taste the best, totally up to your preference though)
Steps:
1. Mix all dry ingredients together.
2. Mix wet ingredients in very well (a fork I dound is the easiest and effective) especially at the bottom edges.
3. Sprinkle on as much chocolate as you want (I normally go for around 2 heaped tablespoons.)
4. Microwave on full power for 2 minutes 30 seconds.
5. Rest for 1 minute (this is really important as the cake is still cooking so you'll burn yourself if you try eating it).
6. Serve with icing sugar, whipped cream, ice cream or just by itself, taste a mazing whatever way. (if it gets cold and rubbery, chuck it back in the microwave for 20 seconds to warm and soften it back up)

That's it, easy peasy. Hope you guys like this and please look forward to my next part in the "Live Life easier". C yall tomorrow :)

Moosh x

No comments:

Post a Comment